Tuesday, May 8, 2018

SM Marikina's Summer Mess Fest 2018



When summer kicks in the first thing that comes to every kid's mind is PLAY! They have more time for physical play outside with their friends. And more time for the parents to rest and play with the kids as well. Physical Play has an important role in every child's development.



Physical play includes activities that use body movements to allow children to use their energy, and it gives children the chance to develop gross and fine motor skills, learn new things and socialize. Physical play also benefits a child’s health. It helps a child to develop connections between the nerve cells and the brain. As these connections develop, a child’s fine and gross motor skills, socialization, personal awareness, language, creativity and problem solving are improved. 


Last Saturday, I've been luckily invited to join a summer fest for kids and the whole family. I tagged my 2 kids along. It was not an ordinary fest, as attendees will get wet and messy. And for the first time in forever, I get to bring my son with special needs (ASD) in an event where I am invited to. I'm so happy I almost cried. 😭 Can't thank SM Supermalls especially SM City Marikina enough for making it possible and for having a fun summer activity like the #SummerMessFest2018 which is PWD friendly. Kudos! Indeed #SMCares.
The #SummerMessFest was held first at SM Masinag (April 28-29), second leg was in SM Marikina (May 5-6) and the last leg will be at SM San Mateo (May 12). 

There are 5 different stations where kids can explore and help with their fine motor skills.

Messy Slide of Fun




Messy Splat of Colors


Messy Sands of Fun

Messy Sweet Land
             

Messy Colorful Fun Party



SM Summer Mess Fest is not only for kids but for the whole family. Honestly, I also enjoyed the 15-foot messy slide! It was also an instant family bonding for us while my kids and I play, MITD captures every moment of it. 


After the event we ate at Peri-Peri Charcoal Chicken. It was our first time to dine in there because we were afraid that our picky eaters will not eat, but to my surprise, #PrincessY ate! Personally, it was love at first bite. I like their dipping sauce (sawsawan) Cajun Remoulade (spiced mayonnaise), it complements the tangy and flavorful chicken taste. Little did I know that Peri-Peri Charcoal Chicken is also one of the sponsors of the event. 


Thank you so much for having us SM Supermalls and SM City Marikina ❤


No comments:

Post a Comment